Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Back to Observing

This week my co-op began to start taking subjects back. This is to make the transition easier for the students when I am gone. It is now to the point where she is teaching the majority of the day. I spent most of the day, except for centers and math, observing. I think this a great experience to get again. I was able to compare and contrast my teaching styles to hers. It was interesting to see again how she utilized whole group instruction vs small group instruction within the same lesson. I also found it rewarding when she would ask the students about content that I had previously taught and the students were able to recall the information quickly and accurately.

Although this had its benefits I must say that I definitely prefer teaching over observing. I walked around during the lessons to help students that needed it but it's still not the same. I am ready to start up instruction again in my next placement.

No comments:

Post a Comment