Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Frogs

I haven't posted awhile about a specific lesson I did so I decided to do that today.

We concluded our life cycle unit today with frogs. We began by watching an interactive life cycle video that was paired with a review activity. Students then transitioned back to their desks. Step by step the students created life cycle hats. They all did such a great job at drawing and labeling each step (and later ordering them). I pre-cut most of the items for the hat but I did allow the students to cut out the eyes and tongue for their frog. I think there is a fine line between pre-cutting materials. Most of the time it is a time saver for the lesson itself. A huge plus is also that the final products will look like they are "suppose" to. However, I think when students cut out their own materials it makes the projects look so much more personal to the students. This project walked that fine line. I felt as though I prepared enough of the materials to keep the lesson in the time frame, but allowed them enough creative freedom.

The students (and myself) had so much fun with this activity. It was relaxed and laid back yet organized and well managed.


No comments:

Post a Comment