Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Spelling Schedule

March 22, 2016

One thing that was really effected by this short week is the spelling schedule. Spelling is done on a strict 5 day regimen. The pre-test is always on the first day of the 5 day cycle and the final test is always completed on day 5.  Usually day 1 falls on Monday and day 5 is on Friday. However, now the cycle will run Thursday-Wednesday.

In my opinion, I prefer spelling to go week by week and not in a specific numbered cycle. If it were up to me I would have used this week as a review week or fit everything into three days.

This can't really be done in this situation since 1. I am not the teacher so I don't make those decisions and 2. Spelling goes along with the reading series, so therefore you cannot change when you are doing a certain spelling list because it won't match to the rest of the material.

No comments:

Post a Comment