Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Happy Birthday to ME

March 23, 2016

Today was my first birthday as a teacher. I must say it was delightful. I was showered with "Happy Birthdays" from my students, along with homemade cards and cupcakes. It's always great to have one day to feel extra appreciated.

Lucky for me today was an (extra) fun day in first grade! We began the day by doing a phonics egg hunt. Inside 200 plastic eggs I put pieces of paper with words on them. Students searched the room for eggs and when they were all found everyone returned to their seats to begin sorting. The objective was to have the most long i words since this was our phonics focus today. Although students only had to find the long i words they still had to sort through the different short and long vowels.

The students had fun with the egg hunt and I got a great idea at how the class had grasped the long and short vowel sounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment